Philosophy in English...different books...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Philosophy in English...different books...

Post  Admin on Sat 2 Dec - 9:21

Hi everyone!This week hasn’t been so bad. It’s my birthday soon,I enjoy it very well! My time is fully occupied by my social life,I’m very useful and really too for many and it’s very comforting for me. I’m following North Korea and pray for them everyday… Politically,in my opinion,Trudeau is an asshole guilty of treason on his country. Just like his father he’s a disgrace for Canada and a asshole in the leaders of this world. I prefer to look at Trump,Putin and Jinping to refer. I follow each UN Council since North Korea is the subject of the day!
What an antagonism to see North Korea,one of the most poorest country on Earth,where people starve to death and many abuse and crimes happens there all the time. I understand China and Russia point of view on the subject but I understand the position of Europe and US and South Korea too very well… Russia and China are ready for war just like South Korea,Japan and the US… In my opinion a war is inevitable in this case. Because it’s essential to shut down this regime and to free North Korea of this dictatorship and misery. It shouldn’t be tolerated on this planet a country like this one,dictated by a killer and his criminal organization.
To continue with Locke…
For Locke,however,this is about more than just intellectual accountability.He speaks, at times, as if we have a moral duty to attend to these belief requirements as well. Taking evidentiary limits as one’s guide is the means to fulfilling one’s duty as a rational being. As he warns:
“He that believes,without having any Reason for believing,may be in love with his own fancies; but neither seeks Truth as he ought,nor pays the Obedience due to his maker,who would have him use those discerning Faculties he has given him,to keep him out of Mistake and Errour.”

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://verseau-quinny23.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 9 Dec - 12:41

Hi everyone!It’s an happy and very busy time for me...I’d received my HLM,it was the most great gift of birthday in my life (the day after)… I’d seen the appartment,it’s beautiful and I’m very very happy,my life will be very more easy now… I’ve a good friend who’ll help me to move… It’s a wonderful period for me but I’m very busy too...I don’t work but my time is fulfill with social events. Tonight I’m going to celebrate the 85th birthday of the father of my friends,he likes me a lot. The chance is really with me these times and I thank God. The war coming is something which scares me a lot in an other hand. I don’t feel than Canada is safe with Trudeau. And it’s not the time to have an idiot at the head of our Country right now. The apocalypse is coming and we have this shit for PM… By chance than we’re not a great player in the story but we can have some damage in the situation… And for the trip of Trudeau to China recently,I feel shameful and I don’t understand why the country isn’t. I like to follow the UN Security Council,each one. I like to follow Putin particularly. He’s the better and the worse in the same time. Xi Jin Ping of China is a great character in the story.In my point of view,he’ll grab the land of North Korea for the resources,if it’s not too much contaminated,because I saw some videos on the subjects and they have births defects in North Korea now near the nuclear test site. But Kim Jung Un couldn’t support his country very much longer.
That’s it for this week.I’ll coming back soon.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 16 Dec - 10:39

Hi everyone!I’m stressful these days for my HLM but all is ok for it and my life will be better soon. I’m very happy of that… For this week,I’m going with my philosophy book and I’ll come back with my life later…
Error and the Association of ideas:
The very nature of human cognition leaves us susceptible to errors in judgment,according to Locke. The reason for this is the continual inclination of the human mind to form connections between ideas. This is something the mind does very quickly,and it does so largely on the basis of habitual and repeated experiences. So,for example,the mind very quickly makes the connection between the perceptual experience of sunlight and the attendant experience of warmth. On the basis of repeated experiences,we come to associate the idea of warmth with the sun,and this goes into making up our complex idea of the sun. Without this natural proclivity of the mind to move from one idea to another related idea, we would be unable to formulate judgments about the world. However,this natural tendency of the mind is a double-edged sword. People,Locke observes, hold all kinds of views that strike us as odd or extravagant. We are very good at pointing to wrong-headed views in others,but are often very bad at recognizing erroneous judgments of our own.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 23 Dec - 11:39

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas!In Trudeau language:Happy winter holidays! This month has been very busy for me but I’m very happy,the ending is soon and I’d been blessed because everything comes to me and I just have to follow the current. I’d made a very good friend recently and I’m considering myself very lucky to had found her just in the good time… Continuing with Locke for this week and the muslim worldof Trudeau (I hate this fuckin idiot).
Reason is a God-given faculty,for Locke,and this is a key element in his ethics of belief. God created each of us with the end of living our lives as well as we can, and employing reason is the surest way to this end. Living according to reason,Locke explains,keeps each person from error and provides the satisfaction of “doing his Duty as a rational Creature.” It’s an equalitarian vision of individual self-realization,if you will. According to Locke scholar Nicholas Wolterstorff, Locke’s picture of the community of responsible believers is the picture of democracy in which each listens to his or her own inner voice of Reason and no one treats any voice outside himself or herself as authoritative; unless his or her Reason tells him or her to do so.
This makes each of us a better person,and as a result makes society better as well. A society of credulous people is one that’s subject to tyranny and abuse. It’s no small power, Locke warns,” to have the Authority to be Dictator of Principles and teach of unquestionable Truths; and to make a man swallow that for an innate Principle,which may serve to his purpose, who teacheth them.” W.K. Clifford echoes this sentiment in his famous essay “The Ethics of Belief”,where he writes,
“The danger to society isn’t merely that it should believe wrong things, though that ‘s great enough; but that it should become credulous,and lose the habit of testing things and inquiring into them;for then it must sink back into savagery.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 30 Dec - 9:54

voici un bref résumé de ce qui se passe autour de moi ces temps-ci...
Bonne journée à toi aussi ma poulette adorée!je vais allé parler à l'ado de 15 ans à mon ami celle qui fut agressée par son beau-père le chum de la mère... y s'est passé quekchose là... je sais pas trop comment je vais dealer avec ça...mais mon ami a besoin d'aide avec elle... je peux te le dire t'es pas dans la situation,moi ben j'ai été pareil à ça même pire que ça à son âge... elle a envoyé des photos d'elle toute nue à un ti-gars de sa polyvalente hier... p-ê son ti-chum je sais pas... mais entk!l'affaire c'est que la mère qui en veut à sa fille d'avoir porté plainte contre son chum avec qui elle est encore et dépend $$...la mère a eu accès à son facebook car le beau-père savait le mot de passe c'était une condition essentielle à son cell...
sinon elle perdait son cell.. pi là la mère a vus ca...pi elle a callé dpj au meurtre..
comme de quoi sa fille avait envoyé des photos d'elle toute nue à un ti-gars de son age qui va à la même polyvalente qu'elle...
pi là ben 5 TS de la dpj ont appelées hier..
la petite a tout changé son facebook...
ne parle plus à personne...
ça scrappé son congé des fêtes là..

And in the other hand,my life is very good these days... .

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 6 Jan - 8:44

Hi everyone! For this week,it’s more relax but the story I told you last week is true and a proof of the real nature of human. With Locke again…
However,this natural tendency of the mind is a double-edged sword. People,Locke observes,hold all kinds of views that strike us as odd or extravagant. We are very good at pointing to wrong-headed views in others,but are often very bad at recognizing erroneous judgments of our own. Although,self-love has some part to play in this,it’s not the whole story. Education and prejudice also play some role, but, again,aren’t the root cause:
“he ought to look a little farther who would trace this sort of madness to the root it springs from, and so explain it, as to shew whence this flaw has its original in very sober and rational minds,and wherein it consists.” While the mind does a very good job at noting correspondences and connections between our various simple and complex ideas, it does so with a greater or lesser degree of empirical exactness. So, when the mind makes a connection between sunlight and warmth we tend to think of this as being a fairly accurate representation of the sunlight and its qualities. However, if someone were to believe that there’s a connection between sunlight and the divine power of a sun deity,we might say that this connection is a more controversial association of ideas that isn’t strictly reflective of perceptual experience of the sun. This kind of connection seems to be more a product of custom,tradition,and education. Associations can also be made on very idiosyncratic grounds:a person who becomes very ill after eating a certain food may come to associate that food with illness. The very idea of that food with illness. The very idea of that food will make her think of illness. Again,this isn’t an association that we might think of as reflective of the powers of that object,but a confused causal connection instead.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 13 Jan - 10:16

Hi everyone!It’s a long month this one’s. But I’m very lucky these days and I thank God for that. It will be my philosophy’s book for today. In my daily life, I’m very busy to take care of my people around me. I’m good with that because it keeps me in high value in their heart. Only my presence is a big difference in their life. It’s more grateful for me. I’m in a period of happiness in my life and I like it. I’m astonishingly lucky. It will be a good year for me… All is in order in my body and spirit.
With Locke again…
While the mind does a very good job at noting correspondences and connections between our various simple and complex ideas; it does so with a greater or lesser degree of empirical exactness. So, when the mind makes a connection between sunlight and warmth we tend to think of this as being a fairly accurate representation of the sunlight and its qualities. However,if someone were to believe that there’s a connection between sunlight and the divine power of a sun deity,we might say that this connection is a more controversial association of ideas that isn’t strictly reflective of perceptual experience of the sun. This kind of connection seems to be more a product of custom,tradition,and evolution. Associations can also be made on very idiosyncratic grounds: a person who becomes very ill ofter eating a certain food may come to associate that food with illness. The very idea of that food will make her think of illness. Again, this isn’t an association that we might think of as reflective of the powers of that object, but a confused causal connection instead. Once the mind has made these connections,it’s. Locke writes,”very hard to separate them,they always keep in company,the one no sooner at any time comes into the Understanding,but it’s Associate appears with it.” In much the same way that a musician can play a song perfectly the same every time, owing to the fact that the ideas of the notes are all connected very deeply in her mind,the sun worshipper will make the connection between sunlight and the deity whenever the idea of sunlight is before her mind.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top