Philosophy in English...different books...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Philosophy in English...different books...

Post  Admin on Sun 3 Jun - 9:15

Hi everyone!I’ve been busy this week and I’m little tired. I read a lot of books and I dream a lot each night. I’m generally happy in my home. In my philosophy book for the week,I’m hoping it will be kept alive in this world with so much moral problems actually. Islam is a big problem in my point of view and the politically correctness is killing the critical thinking and the real history of this cult. It’s a danger for the future of our country and I hope you’re conscious of it. It’s a threat than you should be aware of. In philosophy now…
If the reader will keep this practical object constantly in view,unsuspected applications of well known truths will become apparent before he finishes the volume.
If one is to pass beyond mere self-analysis of the usual sort it’s clear,however,that one must be willing to entertain the thought of a fundamental system of realities. To end in a large world one must begin with broad premises. If man’s life is environed by a larger life, he cannot understand himself alone. In deepest truth there’s no “alone”,our own experimental observation proves that,first of all. It seems impossible even to outline one’s method of investigation without admitting the the presence of an environning life is th most striking consideration. What that life shall be called is of course another question.
But for one’s self the frank admission must be made at the outset that it’s the presence of the divine Father,without whom the most elementary fact seems unintelligible. If the reader names it otherwise,well and good. As a possible aid to inquiry,the present discussion is confessedly a chapter from life,an appeal to life. The aim is to convey the living reality itself, so far as possible,instead of merely talking about it. Hence the appeal is to the profoundest experience of the reader,recognized,confessed as what it most genuinely reveals itself to be. The appeal is to reason,too. But reason must start with facts,with actual life;it doesn’t create its own objects. How else can one hope to unite philosophy and life than by this frank union of experience and thought,one’s deepest life made explicit?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://verseau-quinny23.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 10 Jun - 10:03

For this week it will be the continuity of last week again in comparison or reference of the muslim faith so far. It has been a good week for me again,my life is restful and I like it,it has been so many years agitated then I love my loneliness where I find peace of mind and I read a lot of books. My nights are full of dreams because of them I think because I don’t see another reason for so many dreams,every night it’s a different one and I think it’s because of all the books I read.
It’s obviously wiser to be true to all aspects of life as it appears from the angle of one’s own temperament and experience than to force all facts into a certain system. The deepest facts are usually slighted,if not excluded,by the latter process. No formula seems large enough to cover all we know and feel. There’s an element of experience that usually eludes description. Some experiences can never be told. They are intimately a part of us. They are sacred,one hesitates to speak of them. Yet one can suggest them, or at least let it be known that in these rarest moments of existence one seemed most truly to live. Only in this way does the soul,that part of us which is most truly individual,find expression. Only in this way does the unfettered soul show its freedom from prejudice and dogma. Allegiance to a person or theory limits one to the particular view of life represented by that person or theory. To claim finality for one’s system would be equivalent to affirming that progress shall end with the particular discussion in question. Our theories serve us well while we remember that life itself is larger.
Life,then,is large, let us say once for all,and demands a broad way of thinking about it. Ordinarily ,we have no sense of what our total self means. We suffer,and we seek relief. We are absorbed in the present,in its needs and woes,unaware that our whole past lives, our inheritance,and our temperament,may affect this bit of suffering nature which for the moment limits our thought. We live as though time were soon to cease,and prudence would not permit us an hour for quiet reflection.
Yet,a new phase,and to some the happiest phase,of life begins when they stop hurried thought,and try quietly to realize what life means as an advancing whole.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 17 Jun - 9:58

Hi everyone! For this week,again my warning about islam and the danger they bring here… In this case,I’m asking to myself if religion is really a good thing,in so many faces not...But I believe in spirituality which is very different,when we die it’s not to be with 72 virgins in heaven,I find it so ridiculous coming from muslims because sex cannot exists where body doesn’t exists. But I believe in a shifting of dimension… This week again I’ll discuss about the philosophy of od in the power of silence. I like silence in my life now, I don’t want of any stress which is just everywhere in this world.
And I don’t feel myself to be a part in the economy of whatever they want everyone to be in. I like my life now just as living in itself. My point of view on time is very different then the majority. I don’t want of any dogma.Dogma is what killing the critical thinking of our society and transforming this one in a kind of robot. It’s killing freedom of thinking and in this way evolution itself. Think about it when you look at muslims in Europe and in Canada now with Trudeau…
If life is in some sense one system,can any other interpretation be rational,will the parts ever assume their true relationship in our minds except when viewed in the light of the whole? Possibly our suffering is largely unnecessary. Possibly it has come about because we have failed to adjust our thought to the wholeness of things. At any rate,to take time,as last,to isolate one’s self from the rushing tide of daily life and to raise the great questions here proposed,is to begin in earnest to experiment.
From the first,one stands in need of all sorts of conclusions which seem to belong rather to the end. It’s one thing to talk about “the power of silence” and another to be able to pause long enough to enjoy it. One is eager to know what that power is. Yet one must first have a basis to stand upon. The fact that a relatively obscure element besets all our thinking about the inner life is no excuse for vagueness. To fall back upon feeling or faith alone will no longer suffice. We are in quest of the whole,and reason is surely a part of life’s whole. There’s both the hurrying flux of our tantalizing consciousness,the part of life which refuses to be still; and there’s the persistent conviction that life has a deeper reality which it’s the office of calmer thinking discover. Clearly, we must take life as we find it,I and move forward,faithful alike to feeling and to thought.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3